• Manage and execute some or all technical aspects of large projects from start to finish.
• Analysis, evaluation and relief devices sizing for petrochemical companies and refineries (PSM, HAZOP, PHA).
• Analysis, evaluation and sizing of effluent handling system (Flare Header System) as per API & OSHA guidelines.
• Gap Analysis - Verify the level of compliance of the overpressure protection design basis documentation and analysis with client’s internal standards as well as recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP).
• Check OSHA, API and ASME compatibility of relief devices.
• Evaluate Process & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) and Process Flow Diagram (PFD).
• Perform material balance and energy balance calculations for distillation columns and other pressure vessels.
• Perform line sizing and pressure drop calculations.
• Use process simulations (Aspen Plus and /or HYSYS) to evaluate relief loads and physical properties for more complex relief scenarios for distillation column (Global Power Failure, Abnormal Heat Input, Reflux and/or cooling failure).
• Write technical findings report for relief valve analysis and flare header analysis.
• Train and mentor fellow process engineers in all aspects of Pressure Relief Analysis.
• BP Whiting– Whiting Refinery (Key responsibilities include completing an overpressure analyses on process systems located in two process units.)
• Texas Petrochemical – Petro Chemical Plant (Key responsibilities include data collection from site, client communication, run scenario review meetings; Train and mentor new hires.)
• BP North America Gas Business Unit – Gas Plants (Key responsibilities include executing a business-unit wide pressure relief study for approximately eight sites across the United States and Canada. Project progress tracking, client communication, perform quality checks, write technical procedures and reports.)